DEATH GRANT SCHEME
Policy Instructions / Eligibility Criteria
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR ESTABLISHMENT AND WORKER
- As defined under section 2 (f) of Workers Welfare Fund Ordinance or section 2 (b) of Companies Profit (Workers Participation) Act, 1968 or West Pakistan Shops & Establishment Ordinance, 1969.
- Public Sector Organizations which are contributing through transfer of leftover amount under clause (a) of paragraph 4 (d) of Companies Profit (Workers Participation) Act, 1968 paying contribution under section 2 (f) of Workers Welfare Fund Ordinance, 1971 or otherwise?
“worker” and “workman” mean person not falling within the definition of employer who is employed (including employment as a supervisor or as an apprentice) in an establishment or industry for hire or reward either directly or through a contractor whether the terms of employment express or implied, and, for the purpose of any proceedings under this Act in relation to an industrial dispute includes a person who has been dismissed, discharged, retrenched, laid-off or otherwise removed from employment in connection with or as a consequence of that dispute or whose dismissal, discharge, retrenchment, lay-off, or removal has led to that dispute but does not include any person who is employed mainly in managerial or administrative capacity”.
Worker must be registered with EOBI or Social Security Institution.
Note:- Condition of registration with EOBI or Social Security is not mandatory for the mine workers. Widows/legal heirs of such workers who are not registered with the said schemes, are eligible to get death grant subject to the receipt of Compensation Grant through Court of Compensation Commissioner under the Workmen Compensation Act, 1923 provided that death of worker concerned was occurred during work in the mine.
Rs.5,00,000/- in each case.
- Period for submission of applications
- Six (06) months after the date of Death.
- Condonation of delay period beyond (06) months by the Chairman Board subject to the provision of proof of cogent reason(s) for delay.
- Copy of National Identity Card of the worker.
- Copy of National Identity Card of widow / legal heir.
- Copy of Factory Card.
- Copy of Social Security Card (R-5) or EOBI Card.
- Copy of Succession certificate from the civil court / compensation commissioner in case if the applicant is other then spouse of the deceased worker.
- Copy of Appointment letter.
- Copy of Death Certificate duly attested by the Secretary, Union Council.
- Proof of cogent reason (s) for delay in the cases receiving after 06 (six) months.
Applications are received at the respective offices of District Officers Labour / Assistant Mines Labour Welfare Commissioners. Following the verification of the applications by the area labour officer / Mines Labour Welfare Officer, cases are submitted before the respective District / Regional Scrutiny Committee, constituted at each District / Mines Labour Welfare Region for sifting and on the recommendation of Scrutiny Committee, Punjab Workers Welfare Board forwarded the same to Workers Welfare Fund, Islamabad for funds transfer / issuance of cheques in respect of individual applicants out of allocated budget of PWW Board under this head.